Over the past couple of years that I have been in school I have severely missed reading for pleasure. Every time a new semester starts I have a talk with myself which mostly consists of internally chastising myself for my lack of reading and for letting my To Be Read (or TBR) books pile up higher and higher. Because while I have a hard time finding time to read I also have an obsession with pretty books and want all of them to be on my bookshelves. If you dear reader are having trouble understanding, I, Alexis, have a book buying addiction. Before college started I kept it pretty much under control. I would buy a book, and then read it. Now (especially now that I have a job) I keep buying books with no time to read them.
This year, that is all going to change.
Below is a list of the 16 books that I really want to read in 2016. Half of them I own, the other half gives me an excuse to buy more books, but these are the books that I am placing at high priority this year.
Top 16 Books I Want to Read in 2016
- Binge-Tyler Oakley
- Yes Please-Amy Poehler
- Fangirl-Rainbow Rowell
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns)- Mindy Khaling
- A Work in Progress- Connor Franta
- Throne of Glass- Sarah J. Mass
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here-Patrick Ness
- Illuminae- Jay Kristoff
- Ready Player One- Ernest Cline
- Carry On- Rainbow Rowell
- Eleanor and Park- Rainbow Rowell
- Confessions of a Shopaholic- Sophie Kinsella
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone the Illustrated Version- JK Rowling
- Lets Pretend This Never Happened- Jenny Lawson
- Furiously Happy- Jenny Lawson
- Saga: Vol 2 through Vol 5- Brian K. Vaughan
I’m sure all of you are going like, Lex, number 16 is actually four individual books. My loves, you are correct, the remaining Saga series is indeed a total of four books. However, because I didn’t want to take up 4 spots in this priority list on one graphic novel series, that means they are all lumped together. Especially since I can read that whole series in one day (it is that good).
What are your top priority books in 2016? And do you also have a shopping addiction for new books? Let me know in the comments to help me fell a little less alone.
See y’all soon!