No really, I suck. If you look back on my previous posts from January, I had this grand idea that I would be able to post once a week to this blog, as well as finish my last semester of college, do research, graduate, work, fulfil my duties as president of an honor society, and find a big girl job post-graduation.
Hahahaha. Take some time to yourself to laugh about my ambition.
Needless to say, that did not happen. I did all of those other things, but alas it is mid-August and this is only my third post on Literature with Lex, and I apologize. Not really to you, because I’m pretty sure I have a zero reader base (as I should since, I’ve done literally nothing with this blog), but I am apologizing to myself.
Enough of excuses and apologies though, and let’s get down to business. While I have not really been updating this blog how I would like with reviews and other fun things, I have continued to read. Which makes me insanely happy. I went from reading one book a year, (maybe), to having already read 11! Am I going to read 100 books this year? Probably not. Am I surpassing disappointing averages from over the past four years since I’ve been in school? Definitely!
So here we are having an impromptu mid-year review in August. It’s a little late, but hey, with my track record it’s a wonder this is even going up at all.
So far this year I have read:
- The Wicked and the Divine Volume 1 by Kieron Gillen
- Saga Volume 1 by Brain K. Vaughan
- Binge by Tyler Oakley
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Iluminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Authentic Happiness by Martin Seligman
- The Wicked and the Divine Volume 2 by Kieron Gillen
- Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
- Adulting by Kelly Williams Brown
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling and Jack Thorne
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I am currently reading:
- Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson (audiobook)
- Throne of Glass by Sara J. Maas
I haven’t decided if I am going to go back and write reviews for all of the books that I have already read or not, but from now on my goal is to review every book I will read in the future. So, expect reviews from Furiously Happy and Throne of Glass soon!
For now I think that is everything. It feels good to write again, even if it is a blog post filled with poor grammar.
Till next time! (Hopefully not 7 months from now)